Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Am I A Runner?

I must admit that I have never thought of myself as a "true" runner.  That is until Friday.  I had a scheduled 4 mile training run for my 10k.  I did it and the miles just ticked off one after the other.  It was the most amazing feeling ever!  I couldn't believe that when I completed it that I could have probably gone further as well.

My goal for this week is to do my regularly scheduled runs which are:
Monday - 30 mins
Wednesday - 35 mins
Friday - 4 miles
But instead of doing 1:1 for every interval I plan on increasing my running time to 90s and keep my walking at 60s.  If I can't quite do the 90 I may try for 75s and alternate between that and 90s.  My goal is to get farther faster without actually increasing my speed yet.  I have been increasing speed, but I have noticed my knees bother me more when I do that.  If those get hurt well then I can't run and so I need to find another way to get to my destination faster!  I will see how this week goes and see about increasing slowly over the next couple of months.


Friday I completed my first ever 4 mile run in 52:40.  My goal was 52m to stay within the goal of 13m miles.  I had to run for longer distances at the end to make sure this would happen, but I did it.  I ran most of the time at 5.3 mph but did increase the last 1/3 of my time to 5.4mph.  I got up to 5.5 mph for one interval and it was definitely too much at that time if I wanted to complete the 4 miles strong.  WHICH I DID!  


I have been sticking to my Fab Abs Challenge every day it is scheduled, which is every day except Sunday.  I am now up to 60 crunches, 15 push-ups and 50s planks for each set.  I am still doing 3 sets as well.  By the end of last week though my back was pretty sore from everything.  It was great to have Sunday off from it all.  I woke up this morning feeling pretty good though and look forward to everything today!  I can't believe there are only 9 days left in this challenge!  And I have ROCKED every day so far!  Now the true test comes though.  It took my 18 days to get to 50s planks and now I have half the time to get to 2m planks!  OMG I can't believe I will be doing this!  EEK!  I will though.  I am so determined to finish this challenge strong and move on to the next one :)


I can't believe that the wedding is only 60 days from today!  It really will be here before I know it!  I have my invitations about 2/3 done and just need to add stamps.  I hope to get those on Friday and have them in the mail on the first still!  That is the goal we'll see if that happens :)  I am still trying to decide for sure exactly what I am doing for table decorations and buffet set-up.  I need to make this my focus and just decide.  It is so hard not having my computer running at home because I can't compare prices at home :(  But it just has to be done and so I will figure it out!  I have a couple of ideas and just need to see what will be best for the budget.  I would like to save in these areas so I can apply more to the bar fund.  I hate not being able to just have an open bar, but it will be good still!


Well that is all for now.  I can't wait to share my progress at the end of the month for sure.  I know I am losing inches, just not pounds right now.  My focus this week needs to be food!  I will get this figured out and do better this week.  At this point I am already doing better because I had oatmeal for breakfast.  Now to figure out lunch and dinner and I will be all set!


~Chat Soon~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Tracker