Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Not what I expected

I really thought today was going to be a terrible day.  I did not get to bed last night until 11pm!  WAY LATE FOR ME!  With my alarm going off at 5am I wasn't sure what to expect today.  I slept very hard and so I must have gotten some decent rest.  When my alarm went off I didn't want to get up, but I did.  To a degree I was excited about going to the gym, but with my lack of sleep I thought it was not going to be the best day there.


It was an awesome day at the gym...I hopped on the treadmill and went to it.  I had planned on running for 30 mins so I set the timer for 40 (to include a 5 min warm-up and cool down).  While I was going I figured that a half mile would be 6 min 15 sec.  So I decided that I could handle an extra 75 sec running.  I did feel the difference once I hit 25 mins.  But by the time I hit 30 I really could have kept going easily for longer!  I finally feel like I actually enjoy the running challenge :)  My breathing was really good and my HR topped out at 162...right where it should be :)  I had fun this morning, but we will see what Wednesday brings.  No guarantees about that run.  But I will give it my all!!!


Today I did fairly well on my eating.  I may have had a little much with my taco salad, but I did try to pack it with lots of lettuce!  Been needing some salad in my diet!  Tomorrow I am thinking about taking one of my frozen WW meals for a change of pace.


I am not sure what to expect from my weigh in this week, but hopefully it is still good news.  I have strayed a little and I need to get back on track again.  I find I do this every so often and have to re-group.  I need to learn how to not do this, but at least I know I can get back on track.  My exercising has been great, but I do know I need to shake it up.  I have a new ball routine to try tomorrow and see if that helps confuse my muscles.


The new shoes were great today.  I was amazed at how much of a difference they could make.  Also, thanks to my water bottle, I really did drink more water today.  I think these are very positive changes for me :)  I keep thinking about where I want to be, but I need to focus on the week to week too.  I feel myself lose sight of the short term sometimes, and then because of that I get frustrated.  I do find myself checking myself out in the mirror more often so I should probably check my measurements again to see if they are moving.  I almost put my belt on the last hole today and then realized it was still a little too tight, but soon!


That is all for tonight.  I need to get things together for tomorrow.  And get to bed earlier!!!!


~Chat Soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Tracker